Do you ever find yourself caught up in what’s not working, or what’s
missing for you?
It’s a slippery slope when you hang out on the
“lack” side of things. You may be holding
yourself back from a more abundant life
without realizing it!
I know you’re on your own self-awareness
journey, wanting to wake up and release
the beliefs that hold you back. So let’s get to it…
The Power Of Feedback
It’s nice when someone tells you you’ve done well, or gives you love in the form of acknowledgement, right? Well, how many times do you counter a compliment with something negative about yourself?
The other day on a call, I was telling a client of mine how proud of her I was for the progress she’s made, and she replied, “But I am not organized!”
What, what, what?
I was shocked. So I pointed out the many ways she’s taken real action to realize her dream of being a health coach, by getting herself support (a team) and taking leaps and bounds towards that Big Goal.
Why was she so unable to see how far she’s come? Because she was more focused on what wasn’t working – the lack – instead of what abundance she has been able to accomplish in such a short time. (And besides, she’s totally not that disorganized.)
After I shared my take, she laughed and replied, “I never looked at it that way.”
This kind of thinking can be a brutal blow to your progress on this self-love path. If we focus on WHAT IS MISSING, what isn’t done, or what’s wrong, then we’ll never give ourselves the right to even taste our freedom of being.
Lack shows up in many ways, and can keep you from experiencing the freedom of abundance. click here to tweet this…
Dismantle The Prison of Lack and Have More Freedom In Your Life
When I see this sort of pattern in someone (myself included), I use this simple step to shift my perspective towards the positive.
Next time you’re pushing away acknowledgement for some achievement, or feeling down on yourself, step back and take a good look at the lens you’re viewing the situation through. Think back to my client’s point of view. She had come a LONG way, but was clinging to the one thing that was sucking out all of her joy & freedom.
Are you looking at what is left to get done or what’s missing? Or are you admiring how far you have already come?
Heads up: It’s not a pill it’s a practice. You are building a muscle.
1. Let’s shift this DYNAMIC. Instead of locking yourself in your mental prison, take a step back and focus on what you have done to get where you are, and what abundance is already apparent in your life.
2. Ask someone who knows you to tell you how far you have come. Or you can ask them to acknowledge you for something you feel you have not been seen for. (I find this works better verbally, not in the written form.)
REALLY get them to shower you with love, and see what your natural reaction is. Let it come up, and you’ll notice where you need to build your positivity muscles.
Contrast is KEY here.
3. Now, for the next week I challenge you to list all you have accomplished every day. This will help you focus on what you are doing. See that you are on the right track, and take the time to have some FUN and enjoy yourself.
It’s up to you to decide if you want to be free or keep those cuffs on.
EXTRA CREDIT: When the other stuff comes up that you haven’t gotten to yet, create another list and start taking passionate action Feel the freedom of making it happen.
Let’s play together shall we? I want to hear from you…
1. In the comments below, tell me exactly how you are going to use this advice in your own life. (have any other tips please, share them so we can change together more powerfully.)
2. Share this post with your friends + together you can celebrate your freedom!
3. Did this post hit the spot? Tell me the truth, what other topics would you like me to write about? Don’t hold back. Pour your heart out in the comments below, or email me at email@example.com.
Be the light. Be the one who decides to look in the direction of what already is working, and you will set yourself free.
Your angel of fire,